Finding Motivation

It is the third week of social-distancing and I, like many others, am finding it hard to be stuck in my house. Online classes are marching on and all students are expected to perform just as if we were on campus. One of my classes has even increased the workload in response to the virus. After all of this, I find myself sitting in my apartment with no motivation. 

I have one semester left until I graduate and am trying to crawl to the finish line. I know that I need to have more drive to finish something that will be instrumental in my life. I have been trying a few things to up my motivation. Here's what works for me!

Meditation

One of my professors makes my class meditate before we begin class, and this has really helped me maintain my focus. I highly recommend Headspace, a guided meditation app that helps beginners and experienced meditators alike. I find that meditation helps me focus on the tasks I need to accomplish and push myself to do my best. 

Hobbies

I love working on crafts and my hobbies, but rarely have time to get out my supplies. I have a 1000-piece puzzle on my coffee table and strips of paper for quilling in my chair. Find a hobby that you have always wanted to try, you will never have more time on your hands. 

Get Some Air

The weather has been kind of wacky in my area lately, so this suggestion doesn't always work. When I get really stressed, I find that a long walk can help me get out some pent-up energy. Maybe consider a bike ride or some roller skates for added speed. I have even been learning to ride a bike!

We are all struggling with being stuck in our homes, but staying out of the public is the best we can do right now. Check on your neighbors, family and friends and remember this won't last forever!

Comments

Popular Posts